Tuesday, January 13, 2009

holy crap it's 2009

Forgive me father for it's been 6 weeks since my last blog post.

The last month of 2008 was crazy busy for me. In an all out effort to make sure 2009 was significantly more stable for myself and the company in the coming year, I have been working tirelessly on inking some long term deals. In my free time I've begun training for a half-marathon, bought a rescue dog, and when I can no longer process thoughts, indulge in nerdy computer games.

All this to say that I think about blogging a lot. I talk about blogging. I probably get 4-5 blog ideas a week. But then I don't actually follow through with the actual writing of them. Part of my 2009 goal planning (I'm still working on that too) is to spend less time stressing about corporate finance and more reflecting on how the business and my personal life is changing. All of that reflection will be put into this and the corporate blog. Contrary to my production, I really like writing.

2009 is poised to be a great year for me. And I'm glad. 2008 ranked in the top 3 toughest years for me. I made a lot of poor choices, some very wise ones, and lucked into a couple of great opportunities. Through it all I realize I'm a much stronger person, but I don't want to go back for seconds. I may write a post on 2008 at some point, but for now all effort is focused forward.

My next post will be about my 2009 goals and changes I want to make. I'm curious, what is some of your goals for this year?

1 comment:

JonnyTam13 said...

My goals include being more patient, figuring out an acceptable work-life balance, and getting you to move to the Northeast (or at least come up more often). Hope 2009 turns out to be as great of a year for you as it looks like it will be!